The University of Newcastle
The University of Newcastle is a world-class comprehensive institution with demonstrated excellence in teaching and research. We are consistently ranked in the top 10 Australian universities, and recently we placed in the top 3 per cent of universities in the world and in the top 50 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education '100 Under 50' 2014).
Our international standing also comes through innovative approaches to teaching and learning. Over 35,000 students study with us – including 7,500 international students from 80 countries – at campuses in Newcastle, Ourimbah, Port Macquarie, Sydney and Singapore.
Our online postgraduate courses are delivered to a further 4000 students in locations all around the world. It’s worth noting that our online degrees are of equal value to those gained through on-campus study, so you can be confident that you’re earning an internationally recognised qualification from an experienced institution.
Here’s the evidence:
- QS Stars overall maximum rating of five stars
- Australian top 10 for research funding and outcomes
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Academic Ranking 2014
- Ranked in the top three per cent (276-300) of world universities
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2014
- Ranked 291st university in the world
- QS World University Rankings 2013
The University prides itself on its commitment to equity, ethics and excellence, offering quality postgraduate courses through its five faculties: