Geotechnical Risk Analysis
The aim of this course is to apply probability, statistics, geostatistics and advanced numerical methods in geotechnical risk analysis. Its purpose is to provide fundamentals for reliability based design and risk management in geotechnical engineering.
|Faculty||Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment|
|School||School of Engineering|
Semester 2 - 2018
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Soil variability and uncertainty quantification
• Spatial variability and random field theory
• Simple probabilistic methods for reliability analysis in geotechnical engineering
• Random finite element method • Reliability based design in geotechnical engineering
• Bayesian statistics and risk management in geotechnical engineering
|Assumed Knowledge||CIVL2040 Engineering Probabilities|
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetable||2018 Course Timetables for CIVL6240|