Specialist Studies in Senior Visual Arts
This course explores the principles and practices of teaching and learning Stage 6 Visual Arts in secondary schools. Students will explore course, programming and assessment requirements of the NSW Higher School Certificate for Visual Arts. Specific attention will be given to the communication and interpersonal skills of the pre-service art teacher and the importance of co-operation between the arts community, art institutions and schools; and management practices for Visual Arts teachers including risk, financial, and resource management.
Faculty of Education and Arts
School of Education
Not currently offered
Previously offered in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Upon completion of this course, students will have the capacity to:
- Develop lesson plans, programs and assessment tasks for Stage 6 Visual Arts, using a range of strategies, technologies and resources.
- Interpret the course and assessment requirements of the NSW Higher School Certificate for Visual Arts.
- Communicate effectively.
- Co-operate with the arts community, art institutions and schools.
- Manage risk, finances, and resources in the Visual Arts classroom.
Lesson planning, programming and assessment for Stage 6 Visual Arts, using a range of strategies, technologies and resources.
The course and assessment requirements of the NSW Higher School Certificate for Visual Arts.
Communication and co-operation with the arts community, art institutions and schools.
Risk, financial, and resource management in the Visual Arts classroom.
- Essays / Written Assignments - Assignment 60% - 2400 words
Stage 5 Program (20), Resource Package (10), Case Study (20), Presentation (10)
- Reports - Report (40%) - 1600 words
Teaching and Learning in Senior Classroom: Classroom Case Study, includes: T&L strategies, management of HSC Body of Work and progressive assessment strategies (30)
Discussion board (10).
- Integrated Learning: for 6 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
- Lecture: for 8 hour(s) per Term for 8 weeks
- Tutorial: for 16 hour(s) per Term for 8 weeks
2016 Course Timetables for EDUC4099