Second Language (L2) Curriculum and Methodology
This course develops students¿ understanding of curriculum theories and their application in second language syllabus design and second language program writing in schools or universities. The pedagogic principles and practices of L2 teaching will be discussed in relation to curriculum development. It also aims to develop students’ understanding of the importance of curriculum innovation in the local, national, and global educational contexts of the post-method era of the 21 century.
|Faculty||Faculty of Education and Arts|
|School||School of Education|
Not currently offered
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
The proposed course includes both theoretic foundations and practical skills and addresses the following:
1. Key concepts of curriculum theories and their application.
2. Second language syllabus design and second language program writing.
3. Pedagogical foundation for the notions of “approach, design and procedure”.
4. Development of second language materials and resources to support learning.
5. New directions of teaching second language in the post-method era.
|Contact Hours||Not currently offered|
|Timetable||2018 Course Timetables for EDUC6889|