Computer Aided Engineering and Manufacturing
This course furthers students’ knowledge in the use of computer aided engineering software for solids and surface modelling, computer aided manufacturing, computation fluid mechanics, and selected topics in FEA. The course covers the concept of rapid prototyping and the control of a numerically controlled work centre.
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
School of Engineering
Not currently offered
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Model a range of complex geometries
- Understand the file relationships between parts and assemblies
- Generate machining strategies and toolpaths from solid models
- Generate geometry suitable for CFD and other FEA analysis
- Undertake CFD analysis of engineering systems
- Understand how to implement a range of numerical solution strategies for engineering problems
- Prepare professional quality engineering reports
- Computation fluid dynamics software and modelling
- Advanced solids modelling, assemblies and surface modelling
- Essentials of numerical control
- Selected topics from FEA
- Due to resource limitations, enrolment into MECH6200 will be capped at 30 students with a priority system being used to determine which students are allowed to enrol. Outside enrolment will be blocked to ensure the priority system is utilised and capping ensured. Priority system:
1st priority: students who are active within the NURacing Formula SAE Team.
2nd priority: prospective project students intending to use computation fluid dynamics or advanced solids modelling as part of their project.
3rd priority: students who will have graduated before the next MECH6200 offering.
4th priority: any other student. Students are to submit an expression of interest for a position in MECH6200.
- Written Assignment: Advanced 3D Computer Aided Design Assignment
- Written Assignment: Computer Aided Manufacturing Assignment
- Written Assignment: CFD Assignment
- Written Assignment: Numerical Methods Assignment
- Project: Major Project
2016 Course Timetables for MECH6200