Professional Psychology Placement 3
The Psychology Clinic placement is normally of 32 days duration it provides students with opportunities:
(a) to develop inter-personal, intra-personal and professional/clinical skills
(b) to observe practice by qualified professionals
© to apply, under supervision, the knowledge and skills they have acquired in assessment, formulation, intervention, evaluation and reporting
(d) to receive feedback on their performance
(e) to gain experience in the planning and organisation of services
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|School||School of Psychology|
Not currently offered
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Introduction to a clinical setting, including points of decision making, channels of communication, roles and functioning of key staff.
2. Observation of the supervisors’ professional work, including (where relevant) reports of clinical activity.
3. Attendance at and participation in supervision meetings.
4. The provision of clinical care to one or more clients.
5. Instruction and guidance in ethical and professional conduct, the choice of assessment instruments, the development and evaluation of psychological formulations and action plans, and the construction of reports.
6. Feedback on and supervision of the student’s placement work.
|Assumed Knowledge||It is assumed that students will have completed a four-year program in Psychology which included course(s) in abnormal psychology and which has been accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council. It is also assumed that students will have completed or be concurrently enrolled in courses PSYC6401, Psychological Treatments and Interventions, and PSYC6501, Professional and Ethical Practice.|
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
|Contact Hours||Not currently offered|
|Timetable||2018 Course Timetables for PSYC6528|