How to Apply
Applying to the University of Newcastle has never been easier!
For most programs, you can complete an easy, online application form. Applying only takes around 10 minutes and there is no fee for direct applications. You can upload all of your certified supporting documentation online.
For some programs, applications need to be made through the Universities Admission Centre or the International Office. Certain specialist programs may have extra application requirements, which will be listed on the detailed program information page.
If you are not sure where to start, just click on the online application form and you will be directed to the correct area based on the information that you provide.
If you have any questions, our postgraduate support team is here to help - Contact us.
Application closing dates
Direct Admission Applications
If you are applying directly to GradSchool, please adhere to the application closing dates listed below. All required supporting documents must be received by these dates. Applications received after these dates will be considered for the next available intake:
Semester 1 - 13 February 2017
|Trimester 1 - 16 January 2017|
Semester 2 - 10 July 2017
|Trimester 2 - 8 May 2017|
|Trimester 3 - 29 August 2016|
NOTE: Programs are available for admission in either Semesters OR Trimesters. Please review the detailed program information and important dates to see which applies to your program of choice.
Application through the University Admission Centre (UAC)
Please refer to the University Admissions Centre application closing dates for your program.
International students who wish to study online from their home country can apply online. See the 'before you get started' section below. Those wishing to study face-to-face or a combination of both should visit the International Admissions page.
Before you get started
To ensure that the process goes smoothly for you, please be sure to complete the following steps before applying:
- Review the program that you wish to apply for. Note the admission criteria, admission instructions, requirements & structure and any additional information listed.
- Review the program fees and costs.
- Check whether your postgraduate program has a Semester or a Trimester closing date. Please view the application closing date as listed above.
- If you are from a non-English-speaking background, you need to satisfy the University's English language requirements and ensure that you can provide evidence of your English proficiency if required.
You will be considered for entry based on criteria such as your undergraduate studies and/or equivalent prior learning and/or relevant work experience.
Apply to study
If you are planning on studying your program entirely online or via blended delivery, you can apply directly using our online application form. Other applications should apply via UAC or the international office. If you are unsure which application process is most suitable for you please use the online form. You will be directed to the correct area based on the information that you provide.
Review the Admission Requirements for your program.
Prepare any necessary certified supporting documents for upload.
Click the 'Apply Now' button below.
- Complete each section of the form. You will need to provide information on personal and contact details, confirm your citizenship, give a summary of your previous study and /or work experience as well as confirm the type of study that you wish to complete. Please take the time to view the help points listed for many of the application questions.
Based on the information that you provide, you will be required to upload supporting documentation prior to submitting your application.
- Upon submission of your online application, you will be notified by email that it has been received. Please keep this email for your records.
Our Admissions staff will contact you to discuss any additional required supporting documentation.
- If you wish to discuss your application, please contact our Admissions team at email@example.com
Once you begin an online application, an individual application link will be emailed to the email address you provided in Step 1 of the application form. Simply click on the link to pick up where you left off.
If you have any problems completing the online application, please contact us.
Phone 1800 88 21 21
Outside Australia + 61 2 4921 8856
If GradSchool requests documentation to support your application for admission, you can email correctly certified copies of these documents to us.
A ‘certified copy’ is a copy of an original document that is verified or notarised as a true copy by an authorised person. To have your documents certified, you will need to give both the original and the copy to the person certifying the document.
The University of Newcastle accepts documents that have been certified by:
- an authorised person of a tertiary or higher education institution who will sign and stamp the copies.
- a Justice of the Peace, who will stamp and sign the copies and include the name, registration number and state of registration.
- A person currently employed as (each certified copy must include an official stamp from the notary's employing institution):
- an accountant
- a bank manager
- a credit union branch manager
- a barrister, solicitor or attorney
- a police officer of the rank of sergeant or above
- a postal manager
- a principal of an Australian Secondary College. High school or primary school.
We made the video below to help walk you through steps 7 and 8 of the application form. Once all of your documents are uploaded, make sure you continue to step 8 and click "APPLY". We're here to help if you have questions!